In no particular order, with varying degrees of certitude:
- You heard about all the voter re-registering going on, party switches etc. Trouble is the NC Board of Elections cannot keep up. New registrations are not automatically purging old ones and no one make seems to care. Until the day after the election.
- Is Mo Green headed to Greensboro? Pete Gorman’s right-hand man is supposed to be a finalist for the super job up I-85. After Mo’s incredibly poor performance in the Independence football investigation, a quick exit would not be a surprise.
- Speaking of that CMS disaster, lawyers who worked for CMS are in CYA mode, telling friends that they could’ve charged three times the $96,000 billed to CMS for the Indy witch hunt while also making clear that Chief Inspector Gorman made daily demands for the investigation to find something right up until the bitter end.
- NYPD in the QC? Here’s a weird one. Supposedly on July 4th at Champions sports bar Uptown a patron got a beatdown from persons claiming to be NYPD officers. CMPD responded, I’m told, and has since interviewed witnesses, all on the down low. And yes, the attentions of a lady were at issue.
- A youth pastor variously described as a “rock star” and “legend” in local circles suddenly is no longer employed at a hugely influential Charlotte church. Is that news? Not in this town. The Uptown paper of record refuses to touch it.
Update: Green to Gboro is now a confirmed possibility. And to hear the Uptown paper tell it, CMS will never recover from the loss.